AEGEE strives for a democratic, diverse and borderless Europe, which is socially, economically and politically integrated, and values the participation of young people in its construction and development.
AEGEE empowers students and young people in Europe to take an active role in society. It creates a space for dialogue and learning opportunities as well as acts as their representative towards decision-makers. Moreover, AEGEE strengthens mutual understanding and brings Europe closer to young people.
- Intercultural Exchange: AEGEE creates a space for members of different backgrounds to meet and learn about cultural differences, in order to foster mutual understanding. AEGEE supports mobility and encourages young people to cross borders and make new friends, to break stereotypes and strengthen tolerance, respect and solidarity.
- Personal Development and Non Formal Education: AEGEE provides learning opportunities for the development of its members through non-formal education and informal learning. By participating in trainings courses, workshops, and active involvement in the organisation, our members improve their competences (such as leadership skills, communication skills and team management) which will be useful for their future lives.
- Thematic Projects: Thematic projects, either local or international, are initiatives developed by members of AEGEE. They deal with current challenges in the European society, create awareness among young people and propose solutions from a student point of view. The outcome of this work has an impact in- and outside of AEGEE.
- Advocacy and Policy: AEGEE gathers the opinions of European students and represents them towards stakeholders through campaigns, lobby actions, conferences and membership in bigger advocacy platforms. In addition, AEGEE informs students and young people about the impact which European policies have in their lives and opportunities they offer
- Forum for Discussion: AEGEE provides a space for young Europeans to discuss and exchange different points of view with a European perspective,in order to find a common ground. This exchange of ideas happens in all our activities but a special place for them is our Working groups, conferences and General Assemblies (EPM & Agora).